Integrative Dry Needling- What is this and how can it help me?
If you’re like most of my patients and people I meet, they are curious about integrative dry needling. Is it like acupuncture?
Integrative Dry Needling is NOT acupuncture, but it does use the same type of monofilament needles that Acupuncturists use. Acupuncture, based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, entails stimulating points with the purpose of altering the flow of energy points or Qi along Chinese meridians.
Integrative Dry Needling follows the principles of Western Medicine of Neuroscience and Pain Research to alleviate pain and swelling, reactivate muscles (turn on muscles that have stopped working), reduce muscular tension and spasms, change biomechanical or postural impairments, reduce inflammation, increase circulation, and improve range of motion.
Eight Reasons why you should consider Integrative Dry Needling-
1. It’s a great alternative to pain medication (Narcotics) and anti-inflammatories for acute and chronic conditions such as neck pain, back pain, migraines, and joint osteoarthritis.
2. It assists the body to release endogenous opiates (yes, your body can make them), providing natural pain relief.
3. It reactivates muscles that are turned off or “inhibited” due to pain and inflammation.
4. It restores circulation to tissues that have been affected by muscle tension, stress or over training in athletes and weekend warriors.
5. It signals the nervous system to assist in healing the injured tissue by recruiting other systems to assist the restoration process.
6. It desensitizes nerve tissue that sends the wrong message to the nervous system due to trauma and dysfunction.
7. It reduces inflammation and swelling in acute injuries.
8. It can help restore systemic homeostasis (balance) for auto-immune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
For more information and questions regarding Integrative Dry Needling, Physical Therapy, and Wellness Services please contact me…
Dr. Rebecca Hoeck PT, DPT, CPI, CWC, CIDN, MPT-DMI®
Physical Therapist & Pilates Instructor
Owner and Clinic Director
Intelligent Motion Therapy, LLC
19751 E. Mainstreet #310